The creation of a CSR in DirectAdmin is done in the DirectAdmin control panel.
Go to Advanced Tools > Install SSL Certificates, or to Advanced Features > SSL Certificates.
Go to ‘Create a Certificate Request’ and enter the following information:
- Letter Country Code: NL (the country code in capital letters)
- State/Province: Utrecht (the full name of the province where the company is located)
- City: Utrecht (the city where the company is located)
- Company: CompanyName B.V. (the full company name as was entered into the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce or a similar register)
- Company Division: Sales (the department name)
- Common Name: www.yourdomainname.com (the common name of the domain for which the certificate is being requested. If the request is for a wildcard certificate, please enter ‘*.yourdomainname.com’.)
- Email address: email@example.com (The email address)
- Key Size (bits): 4096
- Certificate Type: Sha256
Click ‘save’. A screen will open containing the generated CSR. This will be similar to the following example:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
MIIC7DCCAdQCAQAwgaYxCzAJBgNVBAYTAk5MMRAwDgYDVQQIDAdEcmVudGhlMQ4w DAYDVQQHDAVFbW1lbjEbMBkGA1UECgwSTmV0d29ya2luZzRhbGwgQi5WMQ4wDAYD VQQLDAVTYWxlczEfMB0GA1UEAwwWd3d3Lm5ldHdvcmtpbmc0YWxsLmNvbTEnMCUG CSqGSIb3DQEJARYYc2FsZXMubmV0d29ya2luZzRhbGwuY29tMIIBIjANBgkqhkiG 9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAxG3vxWeYbNBfqVft68DaC5ORUmuK8CE3mGUh EKLJgHbPuC7y7KE1mJekeNDv4gehG7gdhGBOobRTwDYru1VnFCmeXKvLXzIaCczR +Xy09L6Itb1aOnLBv7p8VlxQ7OhViCJvmkAXJGHEcEex3ENaMMuw8YBnsw2JzOZv IzBD1XZm04da2k1Ai0vmwH5aoYTA5F+gE9Izouc9Opkp2k9+tdjUY9uarrMRj7XS E+hI4jqnHH32+vPNFziZ4QbVl5GpjMR/Q0GdIL8Bcu8Sw1u3cQSCu0ZzKZTG6oEJ 2oB8dVjc5BrtXfEYxF0s9T8HyXdx4NQuOtjN1beo6TQzP6s9QQIDAQABoAAwDQYJ KoZIhvcNAQELBQADggEBABJ2vZSMHmErkGpZFRBudCEwR+SEPvdYqCVwojn6R4rZ lAsbZ5TNng2GYWDMmoAsw6zq4/fd8q1cAoOG9fj6z3lEswpU3eqhc0f/wrVtfTN7 vc7yAB81FAcgw5Ad7c8h4oGrd3pYtXX/cLHSLSnpnXp9vc4nsWK3h88K8ZV9ih+e eUK0JDV3wZ3ok80JTTkws48/txIApfV6J1P2SfHazK7kann39Mb0ZnIcfBeYK26R APArN6rLh+Yx/gjqaCBo6sGZLx3J5o+W86zaSoo+v8wvPbNa4JNw8gg4PooY6JVE MEU5t6hHjD9AkNCO8uOi1K+FqzHe0aMq0EVvoHw7AMg=
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
The CSR that was generated for your domain name can now be used to request an SSL certificate on www.networking4all.com. Follow the steps to request a certificate in our SSL wizard. When the wizard asks for a CSR, enter the code from your generated CSR file.